Sunday, December 30, 2012

Greater Work Ahead

(Isaiah 54:2 KJV) Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes;

As we head closer to 2013, it is a perfect time for a saint of God to look into their relationship with Jesus Christ. Isaiah 54:2 embodies what every born again believer should be striving towards.

Four words jump out at me as things I must work on in my walk with God.

1st) The area around my tent must enlarge! I gotta get more Kingdom-minded so God can use me in a bigger and greater way. Souls need us with God's truth.

2nd) When stretching something you pull it beyond the normal. I dare say, we become too ho-hum in our daily activities. Stretching into new areas of ministry may be challenging, but the effort will be a blessing.

3rd) To lengthen my walk may require more of my time. Many times the joy might be right beyond where we stop. As you lengthen your spiritual values, the world will grow a little shorter and dimmer. Lengthen the cords to the Master and His ways.

4th) Strength comes from above. When we daily season our lives in the Will of the Lord, our stakes gain strength for all situations. Any storm, any trial, any temptation we can overcome because we are that tree planted by the water; rooted and grounded in truth.

Enlarging, stretching, lengthening and strengthening will only come by our desire to get closer to Jesus. As 2013 rolls in and all it has to offer, let me be used for the work of the Lord more than ever.

"Spare not, dear Lord, but let me have more of you so I can help a soul see you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment